As we know that current technology is increasingly developed and there is progress where human life has been surpassed before by the change in the industrial revolution 1.0 in the process of producing goods, namely making everything with a steam engine. This discovery is very important, because before the advent of steam engines, at that time humans could only rely on muscle power, water power, and wind power to move anything. Industrial Revolution 2.0.
This second industrial revolution took place in the early 20th century. At that time, production was already using machines. Muscle power has been replaced by steam engines, and now steam power has begun to be replaced with electric power. However, the production process at the factory is still far from the production process at the modern factory in one thing: transportation. The transportation of products inside the factory is still heavy, so that kinds of large items, such as cars, must be produced by assembling in the same place. At this time humans have begun to create cars, motorcycles and other means of transportation. Over time this life has entered the era of the industrial revolution 3.0 where humans are producing something starting to use computers. This third revolution is triggered by a moving machine, which thinks automatically: computers and robots. And now we have entered the industry 4.0 era where experts believe this era is an era of the Industrial Revolution 4.0 because there are many new innovations in Industry 4.0, including the Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data, 3D printing, Artificial Intelligence (AI), driverless vehicles, genetic, engineering, robots, and smart machines. Currently, there are 5 countries that have used robots as human replacement machines including:
1) South Korea. According to information the majority of robots in South Korea are used in the industrial sector and electronic and digital manufacturing. South Korea has also become the most advanced country in the world in terms of technological infrastructure. South Korean electronic products have also dominated the world, from sophisticated cellphones, plasma televisions, LCDs, to semiconductors. In addition, Korea also has produces robots that are dubbed as a substitute for human labor, they can be in the form of animals, or in the form of other sophisticated machines. The robot can be found in various industrial areas and there are even people who have used robots in their homes to meet household needs such as washing clothes, taking goods both light and heavy loads. Korea is also intensively developing future strategic industries such as Nanotechnology, Biotechnology, Information Technology, Robotics and space technology. The first success of South Korea’s exports occurred in exports of light industrial products such as textiles and apparel, electronic components, plywood, wigs, and intermediary goods.
2) Singapore, almost 90% of robots in Singapore are used as replacement machines for human workers based on the latest information. Singapore already has 488 robots for 10,000 workers.
3) Germany, robot machines in Germany have reached 309 in the automotive industry
4) Japan, currently Japan uses 303 robot machines per 10 thousand workers to make cars, and;
5) Denmark, entrepreneurs in Denmark use 211 robots per 10 thousand workers, which has reached 25% of total production.
Besides that, one of the biggest things in the Industrial Revolution 4.0 is the Internet of Things. In the era of the Industrial Revolution, 4.0 produced “smart factories” and can be said to be the era of robotic. In a modular, intelligent structure factory, cyber-physical systems supervise physical processes, create virtual copies of the physical world, and make decisions that are not centralized. Nowadays technological advances are increasingly indicated where everyone can achieve everything in a very instant manner, all can be accessed through the internet network. The public currently relies on gadgets as a tool to communicate and search for information as well as in the planning of the packaging process of the product and the manufacture of the product itself in the field of entrepreneurship. Current developments in information technology include the development of IT infrastructures, such as hardware, software, data storage technology, and communication technology. In the era of industry 4.0, many rely on information technology in all fields from economics, education, health, government, and others. Because information technology greatly facilitates humans in producing, processing data and disseminating information, so information technology in this era is very fast developing. The development of information technology so that human labor can turn into mechanical power, apart from the speed of engine power is also more guaranteed accuracy and success in working instantaneously. The process can provide useful insights for factory management. Data is processed with sophisticated tools (analytics and algorithms) to produce logical information. The data that is processed can also help consider the problems seen and not seen in industrial plants.
Article by Avradya Mayagita