The ASEAN Youth Conference (AYC) is conducted in the country which holds the chairmanship of ASEAN. AYC 2019 will be conducted in Thailand as Thailand holds the chairmanship of ASEAN in 2019. The theme of ASEAN Youth Conference (AYC) is Building a Sustainable Partnership for ASEAN Youths. This project is aligned with Thailand’s theme of Chairmanship in ASEAN 2019: “Advancing Partnership for Sustainability”. AYC will be conducted through multidimensional workshops and participant-centered activities.
This conference will gather high-level speakers and practitioners from three pillars of ASEAN and youths from ASEAN/Non-ASEAN countries. The topic of discussion will be based on the three pillars of ASEAN with the following focus:
*click submenu Topics to see more detail
Day & Date
Thursday – Saturday, October 24th – 26th, 2019
Ramada Plaza Hotel Menam River
AYC 2019 is conducted by the youth and for the youth. The goal of the project is to provide a platform for ASEAN youths to learn from the experts and enhance their partnerships with other youths from ASEAN member states and Non-ASEAN member states who have high interest in those respective topics. To achieve this goal, as an outcome and follow up of the project, the participants are required to make a project proposal and implement it in their home countries. ASEAN Youth Organization will also conduct a competition to give project grants to the best project from each pillar.
• Aged between 17-35
• A citizen of an ASEAN member state (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, or Vietnam)
• If you are non-ASEAN citizen but you have strong interest on ASEAN development, you are also welcome to apply. Only available for first 20 delegates with any nationalities.
• Has demonstrated strong English Command (Oral and Written Communication)
• With thorough knowledge in the 3 focuses; Women & Peace, Entrepreneurship or Environment
• Have a keen interest in sustainable development and ASEAN issues
• Able to participate in the entire duration for the conference
• The Political-Security Pillar will focus on the Role of Women in Promoting Peace. Women’s contribution is needed in conflict prevention and conflict resolution to achieve lasting peace. The role of women in political and security sector in ASEAN has been increased, therefore it is important to discuss what are the efforts to empower women in this aspect.
• The ASEAN Economic Community Pillar will focus on Entrepreneurship, particularly how ASEAN youths can explore the opportunity and steps to become successful entrepreneurs. In addition, it is also one of the priority focus of the ASEAN Work Plan on Youth 2016-2020.
• The Socio-Cultural Pillar will focus on Environment. Researches and studies have shown the urgency to act ‘now’ and solve issues related to environment, including but not limited to: climate change, deforestation and waste pollution.
Please click here to download the agenda of event.
• Local Transportation
• Hotel 3 days 2 nights (If you choose Full Package Conference)
• *Meals during the program
• Half day city tour to Ayuthaya Old City
• ASEAN Youth Networks
We look forward to seeing you in Bangkok, Thailand!
CONFERENCE FEE & PAYMENT
Full Package Conference
Payment can be done Via Paypal, Credit card (American Express, Discover Network, Mastercard and Visa) and Bank Transfer
Payment link will be sent via email to ONLY selected delegates together with the letter of appointment
Bear in mind, the fees DO NOT cover your flight tickets and personal expenses
If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
ASEAN YOUTH CONFERENCE 2018, SINGAPORE