ASEAN YOUTH LEADERS FORUM 2022
Call for Speakers
The ASEAN Youth Organization (AYO) proudly presents the ASEAN Youth Leaders Forum 2022 (AYLF 2022) with the theme of Youth Leadership Today for a Sustainable Tomorrow in conjunction with International Women’s Day 2022 on 8 March 2022. The Forum aims to celebrate acts of courage and determination by ordinary ASEAN youths, who have played an extraordinary role locally, nationally and/or regionally. Therefore, AYO is calling for ASEAN youth leaders to be involved in a dynamic Forum as Speakers on Inclusivity, Mental Health and Women Empowerment thematic areas.
In the spirit of by youth, with youth, for youth, we are proud and excited to offer a Call for ASEAN Youth Leaders to be Speaker for 6 open slots on the 3 thematic areas.
Date : Saturday, 26th March 2022
Venue : Zoom Meeting Application and AYO’s Youtube/Facebook Live Streaming
Time : 01.00 PM to 04.30 PM (GMT+ 7, Jakarta Time)
Theme : Youth Leadership Today for a Sustainable Tomorrow.
Type : Webinar (Speakers’ Presentation).
Language : English.
Method : 10-25 minutes presentation by each speaker related to AYLF’s thematic areas (Inclusivity, Mental Health and Women Empowerment) followed by 10 minutes of Q&A and discussion session for two speakers.
Who should apply?
We are looking for passionate young ASEAN Leaders who:
- ASEAN Youth citizenship is aged 15-35 from any background/profession;
- Actively involved and show leadership experience in an organisation, community, or run a social initiative/project locally/nationally and/or regionally;
- Represents your organisation/community/initiative/project;
- Aligns with AYLF’s thematic areas are Inclusivity, Mental Health and/or Women Empowerment. The details are as follows:
- Inclusivity, areas of issues may include but are not limited to activities related to inclusive policies and legislation, access to clean and safe places for living, work and recreation, access to information and communication, access to essential services, including education, health care, clean water and sanitation, adequate income and employment opportunities, affirmation of human rights, respect for diversity, freedom (of choice, religion, etc.), social protection issues.
- Mental Health, areas of issues may include but are not limited to activities related to child and adolescent mental health, depression, dementia, mental health and human rights, mental health in general health care, mental health in emergencies, mental health in the workplace, and suicide issues.
- Women Empowerment, areas of issues may include but are not limited to activities related to gender equality, female genital mutilation, child marriage, engaging men & boys, gender-based violence, and women’s economic empowerment issues.
- Showcase and publicise your organisation/community/initiative/project in a Southeast Asia-wide forum;
- Exchange ideas, knowledge and experiences with fellow youths;
- Build network and connections for future collaborations;
- Gain priority access to AYO events/programs;
- E-certificate as the Speaker of ASEAN Youth Leaders Forum 2022.
- Fill out the form down below to apply to speak at the ASEAN Youth Leaders Forum 2022 by 12 March 2022, 11.59 PM (GMT+7, Jakarta Time)
- Complete all required fields on the application form;
- Our selection panel will review your application and judge the submission against selection criteria;
- We seek presentations that showcase your best practices, insights, issues, ideas, experiences, achievements, food for thoughts and/or solutions on the 3 thematic areas;;
- We encourage the usage of creative presentation formats, such as Pecha-Kucha-style presentations and interactive sessions, storytelling format, using tools like ZOOM Polling, etc. Other presentation formats are also welcome.
Please register yourself and fill out this form by 12 March 2022, 11.59 PM (GMT+7, Jakarta Time).