What is ASEAN Youth X-change
ASEAN Youth Exchange project aims to encourage participants to explore and use the best possible solution to tackle the issue that take place in their community. This include environment and social issues. This project aims to give the greatest possible exposure to participants by providing site visits to various places that gives inspiration to participants.
Who can join ASEAN Youth X-change program?
Youth (18-35 years old) from ASEAN Countries and Non-ASEAN Countries who are interested in Culture and Environment issues in ASEAN.
How much I should pay and what can I get?
Whole program will charge you SGD 949, and you will get:
- Accommodation during the program, 17-27 June 2019 (Hotel is fit to 2 people/room)
- Flight ticket from Singapore-Bangkok-Jakarta + flight insurance
- Meals during the programs ( 26 meals including breakfast, lunch and dinner )
- Local transportation (Chartered bus and for project in Singapore, we will provide a 20SGD MRT ticket)
- All tourist destination in all countries
- T-shirt and other merchandise
- Certificate of program
- All training and workshops during the program
The fee is exclude;
- Your personal expenses (Shopping, additional food, medicine)
- Travel insurance
- Flight ticket from your origin country to Singapore, and Jakarta to your origin country
- Visa fee if you need visa to visit the destination countries
Is there any Scholarship?
Yes, we subsidise SGD 500 for 3 delegates who submit the best essay about “Environment and Social” issue and how to tackle the problems.
Essay must consist of minimal 1,000 words written in English.
Deadline for essay submission is May 25th, 2019 23:59 PM Singapore Time (GMT+8)
Send your essay through email with Email Subject: AYE2019 ESSAY (Your Name, Your Nationality) to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any question about the essay, feel free to contact email@example.com
17-19 June 2019 Singapore
||Arrival Singapore (Before 2PM local Time) – direct to National University of Singapore
||Day 2: Tour
Visit OneNorth, a subzone and business park in Singapore
Visit Habitat by Honestbee
Visit Food Bank
Dinner – Singapore Night
Presentation of Findings
||Check out Hotel, and heading to Thailand
19-22 June 2019
||Visit Kasetsart University learn about Environment Management
Visit Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Wat arun
Visit Bangkok’s Old downtown
||Heading to Banjumrung Village
||Visit Startup association
Visit Government offices (ASEAN Thailand)
Taking the night flight to Jakarta
23-26 June 2019 – Indonesia
||Visit Bank Indonesia Museum, seminar about Indonesian Culture and explanation about program in Indonesia.
Visit Jakarta Old town (Several museums available)
Visit ASEAN Secretariat office
At night heading to Bandung and stay a night in Hotel
- Morning Visit Tangkuban Perahu volcanoes
- Afternoon start the “Local Live Experience” and send delegates to stay in local people house and involve with their activities.
- Delegates will be given some task
- Noon, meet up in center visit Bandung Government office and visit several Bandung Iconic place and learn about City Management
- Night, heading to Jakarta
- Visit Indonesia’s president Palace
- Visit Tokopedia or Gojek
- Visit Accelerice (Food innovation and knowledge Hub) Learning about Indonesian food and we can cook in the venue, they provide kitchen.
- FREE Time
||Back to their respective countries.
Participant cover their own flights to their countries.
One sharing and caring community