The Government of Ireland International Education Scholarship (GOI-IES) program supports high-caliber international students who wish to study at the master’s or Ph.D. level in Ireland. The program is funded by the Government of Ireland in partnership with Irish higher education institutions and managed by the Higher Education Authority. Under the initiative, 60 scholarships are awarded each year for one year of full-time study at the master’s or PhD level. The program is open to applicants studying in any field.
A Government of Ireland International Education Scholarship consists of a stipend amounting to €10,000 for one year of full-time study at the master’s or PhD level. The awardees’ host higher education institutions are required to give a full fee waiver to the awardees for the year of their scholarship. Successful scholars will be expected to commence their studies in either September or October 2024.
Application Deadline: 13 March, 2024
- Applicants must have a domiciliary of origin outside the EU/EEA/Switzerland/United Kingdom to be eligible for a Government of Ireland International Education Scholarship.
- Candidates must apply for admission to a relevant master’s or Ph.D. program offered by an eligible higher education institution according to that institution’s admission procedures.
3. Applicants must possess a conditional or final offer of admission to the higher education institution at the time of application and submit a copy of the offer letter.
4. The offer letter must confirm that the student has been offered a place in a full-time program program as an international fee-paying student.
5. Russian and Belarussian nationals are ineligible to apply due to the ongoing aggression of Russia in Ukraine.