The University of the Fraser Valley (UFV) is in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada. UFV is a great place to study because it has a wide variety of study options, work opportunities, and extra-curricular activities.
Studying at UFV
We are nationally recognized for having an excellent learning environment and successful students.
Choose from more than 70 programs, including:
- Master’s degrees
- Undergraduate bachelor’s degrees
- College certificates and diplomas
- Co-operative education opportunities
- English-language upgrading
UFV has flexible programs throughout the academic year. While you study full-time you can also choose to:
- Work on or off campus
- Participate in activities and clubs
UFV is a fully accredited public university. As a teaching university, we have a mandate to provide a quality classroom experience to students. We have a five-star rating from QS Stars, which ranks international post-secondary institutions, in the teaching and employability categories. Our programs meet educational standards at the provincial, national, and international level, including a prestigious EFMD EPAS accreditation for our School of Business.
CAD $20,000 ($5,000 per year for four years)
You do not need to apply for this scholarship. You are automatically considered when you apply to UFV if you meet the eligibility criteria. Preference is given to students applying to programs that award bachelor degrees.
UFV Application deadline
UFV has three semesters with different application deadlines.
Our semesters are:
- Fall: September to December
- Winter: January to April
- Summer: May to August
The summer semester has two sessions (May-June and July-August) and the deadlines are the same for both sessions.
Submit your application
The following are the earliest application dates for each semester. We confirm acceptance in the order we receive applications. Apply as early as possible, as your program may fill up quickly.
- Winter semester: May 1 to September 15
- Summer semester: October 1 to February 1
- Fall semester: October 1 to April 15
Notice of acceptance to your program
It may take up to six weeks to confirm that you have (or have not) been accepted to your program. After you complete your application, you can log in to the Applicant Portal at any time to check:
- The status of your application.
- If we have received your official documents.
- Which documents we have not received.
Deadlines for fee payment
When you receive an offer of admission, you must submit payment to confirm your acceptance. If you do not meet the payment deadline, you will have to re-apply for a future semester.
We must receive your payment in full by the following dates:
- Fall semester: May 1
- Winter semester: October 1
- Summer semester: February 15
Deadlines for deferring an offer of admission
Have you been accepted to UFV and had a change of plans that prevent you from starting classes when expected? You need to request a deferral. For more information on how to submit a deferral request, please visit the Deferring an Offer of Admission page.
We must receive your completed deferral request form on or before the following dates:
- Fall semester: August 4
- Winter semester: December 5
- Summer semester: April 14
For this scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum overall CGPA (cumulative GPA) of 3.75 on all approved grade 12 courses
- Apply to a degree program
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 for each of your previous years at UFV to maintain the scholarship
Note: Short-term visiting and exchange students are not eligible for entrance scholarships.
We award these scholarships in the order that we receive applications (on a first-come, first-served basis). To ensure that you will be considered, you should: