The Nanyang Scholarship, NTU’s foremost undergraduate scholarship is awarded to outstanding freshmen pursuing undergraduate programmes. Nanyang Scholarship recognizes students who excel academically, demonstrate strong leadership potential, and possess outstanding co-curricular records. Hence, it is important to be prepared at each stage of the application and interview process.
Please read the information below before submitting your application. If you’re short-listed, be sure to leave a great impression at the scholarship interview.
Nanyang Scholarship covers up to the normal programme duration on condition that the scholarship holder maintain a record of good academic performance and exemplary conduct.
- Full coverage of subsidised tuition fees (after Tuition Grant).
- Living allowance of S$6,500 per academic year.
- Accommodation allowance of up to S$2,000 per academic year.
(Applicable to scholarship holders who reside in NTU hostels only.)
- Travel grant of up to S$5,000 for an overseas programme subject to terms and conditions in the Travel Grant Form.
- Computer allowance of S$1,750 (one-off).
- No bond is attached to the Nanyang Scholarship apart from the three-year bond applicable to all Singapore PRs and international students under the MOE Tuition Grant Scheme.
- Open to all nationalities.
- Successful awardees should read a full-time undergraduate degree programme. The scholarship will cover the years of study^ at NTU.
- Possess outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ level, Diploma awarded by a polytechnic in Singapore, NUS High School Diploma, IB Diploma or Year 12 equivalent qualifications.
- Excellent co-curricular records.
- Strong leadership qualities and potential.
^ For the Biomedical Sciences & Chinese Medicine Programme, the scholarship will cover only the first three years of study in NTU.