Each year, the Romanian Government, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, provides a number of scholarships to citizens from non-EU countries. Only candidates having good results in education, respectively an average of the study years, for the last graduated school, of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the Good score, as the case, are eligible.
For further details regarding the eligibility conditions, please check the Programme information.
Applicants may select their study program of interest in all fields, with the exception of Medicine, Dental Medicine and Pharmacy. For Bachelor and Master, only study programs in Romanian are available, thus promoting the Romanian language and culture. However, at PhD level, applicants can also opt for a program in English or a foreign language set by the doctoral school. A preparatory year in Romanian is also granted prior to enrolling in the study program of choice, for those not speaking Romanian. The required documents include diplomas, transcripts, birth certificate and passport, CV – all described in the application process.
Applications can be submitted only via the online platform, between 16 January 2024 and 16 March 2024, with the selection results being announced around 15 July 2024. Upon selection, additional formalities, such as obtaining a visa, will be required.
- financing tuition fees;
- financing the accommodation expenses in the dormitories through the budget of the Ministry of Education, within the limit of the subsidy allocated for this purpose (accommodation will be provided to the extent of available places have, scholarship holders having the obligation to contact the host university to find out the accommodation conditions);
- granting a monthly financial aid, as follows: the equivalent in ”lei” (the Romanian currency) of the amount of 65 EURO, for undergraduate and preparatory year students; the equivalent in ”lei” (the Romanian currency) of the amount of 75 EURO, for master students, the equivalent in ”lei” (the Romanian currency) of the amount of 85 EURO, for PhD students.
Application deadline: 16 March, 2024
- Foreign citizens from all non-EU countries, with the following exceptions:
- citizens of Romanian origin or who are part of the Romanian historical communities in the proximity of Romania (entitled to different scholarship programmes);
- citizens who have requested or acquired a form of protection in Romania;
- stateless persons whose stay on the territory of Romania is officially recognized according to the law;
- members of the diplomatic and consular corps or family members of the diplomatic and consular corps accredited to Romania;
- members of the administrative and technical staff of diplomatic missions and consular offices accredited to Romania;
- staff members of international organizations based in Romania or family members of staff of international organizations based in Romania;
- beneficiaries of a scholarship from the Romanian state for the same cycle of study.
To be eligible, the scholarship applicant must:
- submit a complete file;
- present study documents issued by accredited/recognized education institutions in the country where they were issued;
- comply with the enrolment deadline;
- have good results in education, respectively an average of the study years, for the last graduated school of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case;
- comply with the application submission methodology.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree
- Doctoral degree